What We Do
NexTek is a designer and manufacturer of coaxial surge protectors and high current EMI filter products. We have nearly 30 years of experience providing these solutions and related expertise to clients around the world, across a variety of industries and applications. Please see below for more details about the Threats we protect against, Product Types we offer, Markets we serve, and the Technologies we help to protect.
Threats We Protect Against
Coaxial Surge & Lightning Protection
- Lightning [LEMP] – Coaxial arrestors protect radio systems against surge damage caused by nearby Lightning strikes. NexTek products provide long-lasting protection, with some models rated for direct lightning strikes of over 100,000 amps!
- Static Electricity [ESD] – Surge protection for RF applications where Static Electricity may cause damage. Static related transient events contain a relatively low level of energy, but are extremely fast pulses with high peak voltage figures.
- High Speed Electromagnetic Pulse [EMP] – Protecting a coaxial line and related system from damage from the effects of an EMP event. As a fast-acting transient event with high energy levels in the RF spectrum, it is challenging to protect a coaxial RF line against this type of energy.
High Current Power Filtering
- EMI/RFI Emissions – Power filters prevent RF Interference as a result of EMI emissions from within an electronic system, for EMC or regulatory reasons. The filter shunts the RF energy to ground, preventing it from traveling down the cable and into the environment.
- EMI/RFI Susceptibility – Power filters prevent RF Interference as a result of unwanted RF Energy for operational, signal integrity/EMC, or regulatory reasons. The filter itself shunts the RF energy to ground, preventing it from entering the system and causing issues.
Standard (COTS) Products – A wide range of standard products are available to meet most requirements.
Modified Products – NexTek can provide modified standard products to suit the individual needs of a customer.
Fully Custom Products – For applications which require a specific design approach, NexTek can develop a unique solution to suit any needs.
NexTek can provide technical direction for most any EMC related problem, even if it is outside of our normal range of solutions. Do you have a tough problem, oddball question, or an obsolete product from another manufacturer that you’d like help with? Contact Us!
NexTek provides educational resources and tools in order to share our breadth of experience and help turn our customers and partners into experts. Learn more in our Education Center, or Contact NexTek to get in touch with one of our experts!
Troubleshooting & Support
NexTek provides comprehensive support by allowing direct access to our Technical Staff when needed during troubleshooting and support activities. If a product must be returned, NexTek will guide the customer through a formal RMA process from first contact, all the way through a technical analysis, and until a corrective action has been identified. Learn more in our Support section.
With multiple distribution channels domestically and worldwide, NexTek products are available around the globe. No matter where you are located, our dedicated team of staff and partners will guide you through the product selection and sales process and ensure that you receive the products and support necessary to meet your requirements. For more information regarding our distribution network and detailed contact information, click through to our contact page.